Paul D. Wachter is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Main Street Advisors. Main Street Advisors provides a wide range of financial, strategic and asset management advisory services to a select group of high net worth individuals and companies. Main Street Advisors was founded in 1997.
Prior to forming Main Street Advisors, from 1993-1997 Mr. Wachter was Managing Director and Head of Schroder & Co. Incorporated’s Lodging and Gaming Group, its Sports & Leisure Group and Schroder’s West Coast investment banking effort. From 1987 to 1993, Mr. Wachter was a managing director at Kidder Peabody, where he founded and was responsible for Kidder’s Hotel, Resorts and Leisure Group, and managed Kidder Peabody’s Los Angeles investment banking group. He began his career as an investment banker at Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc., covering the entertainment industry. From 1982 to 1985, Mr. Wachter worked at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison as a tax attorney. From 1981 to 1982, Mr. Wachter clerked for Judge Dorothy W. Nelson on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Mr. Wachter is a 1981 graduate of Columbia Law School, where he was a James Kent Scholar and a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and he graduated Magna Cum Laude and Beta Gamma Sigma from theWharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1978. Mr. Wachter is a member of the New York State Bar.
Trustee, Advisory & Board roles include:
- Serves on the Board of Directors of Time Warner Inc. Appointed October 2010.
- Trustee of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Blind Trust and First Lady Maria Shriver’s Blind Trust. He served as a key advisor and strategist to Governor Schwarzenegger’s 2003 and 2006 campaigns and transition teams.
- University of California, Board of Regents – Appointed by the Governor in 2004; Chairman of Investment Committee, since 2006. Chairman of the UC Regents Governance Committee, since 2009.
- Special Advisor to the California Commission for Jobs and Economic Growth.
- Chairman of the Austrian Holocaust Reparations Committee formed by the United States District Court to administer the Austrian Bank Holocaust Settlement Fund.
- Special Master in the AOL/Time Warner, Inc. Securities Litigation Appointed by the United States District Court, Southern District of New York from December 2004 – June 2007.
- Special Master in Moody’s Investor Services class action suit. Appointed by the United States District Court, Southern District of New York in June 2009.
- Chairman of the Board of the After-School All-Stars national organization (formerly the Inner-City Games Foundation), Board Member since 1995. He also serves as a Director on the Los Angeles Chapter of the After-School All-Stars.
- Special Olympics – Currently serves on the Board of Governors of Special Olympics Southern California, where he was Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors from 1995 – 1998 and a Board of Directors member from 1995 – 2003.
- Co-Chairman of the Board of Content Partners, a Los Angeles-based company that purchases passive back-end participations in entertainment assets from talent and other participation owners.
- Serves on the Board of Directors of Haworth Marketing and Media Company.
- Serves on the Board of Managers of Beats Electronics, LLC.
- American Skiing Company Board of Directors from 1996 to 2008.